Cherishing the Inbetweens


The title of my blog is about the inbetweens. Inbetweens are those moments between the hustle and bustle of life that make life worth living.

I'm talking about when you're running late dropping your kid off at preschool while also trying to get to work on time. You hurriedly drop him off and head towards the door when you hear a familiar voice across the playground saying, "Mom! I love you!" followed with a smile, wave, and blown kiss.

Or rushing through listening to the voicemails you missed while at a work meeting and after several messages a tiny voice that belongs to your baby girl comes on saying hi over and over again.

Or when you've made another late night trip to the store because it's the only free time you've had and you're tired and crabby and thinking of all the things you still have to do before going to bed. All of a sudden you walk out the doors and it is snowing the first snow of the season. You look up into the dark sky and feel all of those beautiful white flakes falling across your cheeks. For that single moment all is right in the world.

Those, my friends, are the inbetweens. Sure, we all love a good birthday party or a school play, but those moments that happen unexpectedly when you've had a stressful day and just want to throw in the towel those are what keeps you going. Cherish those inbetweens.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Aiden - I love. . .

Aiden
1. I love it how when you call me Mama the big emphasis is on the second "ma" Ma-Maaaa
2. I love it when you sometimes grab my ears and pull my face into yours for a kiss
3. I love when you fill your choo choo with the missing battery cover up with fruit loops or cheerios
4. I love how worked up you get when Thomas or one of the other trains crash. You open your mouth wide as if stunned then yell, "oh no! It's boke (broke)!" in a raspy voice. It's as though they are your friends and you are genuinely concerned.
5. I absolutely love the way you say choo choo
6. I love your boot boot for the train whistle
7. and your gog for dog, cawk for car, peas for please and tay to for thank you
8. I love how you sign more and say more peas before you nurse - well mostly. (Sometimes he just tries to rip my shirt off :o)
9. I love when you say mmm and smile after nursing
10. I love when you poke your belly button (sometimes mine) and say in a high pitched voice "belly" as you do it.
11. I love your monkey toes and your monkey ways.
12. I love you big blue eyes.
13. I love your I love yous. For now they sound like" Ah poo" It makes my heart melt nonetheless
14. I love how empathetic you are towards others even at such a young age.
16. I love when you ask me "what's that?" with your eyes so filled with curiosity
17. I love when you dance (head bang) and sing to songs in the car
18. I love when you imitate your Daddy while he's trying to help Charlie. I love the way you say "Cha-eee"
19. I love your sweet hugs when you squeeze me tight and put your head on my shoulder.
20. I love your long eyelashes that tickle my cheek when you smash your face against mine
21. I love the way you say hello doodaloodaloo?
22. I love your crazy bedhead - a cross between a rooster and a bad 80s hairstyle
23. I love how you stick up for me when your Daddy is pestering me. Stop Dah-eee or no Dah-ee
24. I love it when you close your eyes really tight when you've done something you shouldn't have - as if you think I won't be able to see you if you can't see me.
25. I love your infectious laugh and occasional snorts when I tickle your chest.
26. And finally I love you for making me want to be the best mommy I can be. I'm definitely a work in progress, but I'll keep chugging. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment